Elves were at one time humans that revered the spirits of fey’d. Generations of exposure to the mercurial magic of the fey’d have transformed the elves into something not quite human, yet not quite fey.
Elves make their homes in the most remote wilderness settings, where the connection to the fey’d is at its strongest. The statistics presented below represent the least xenophobic variety of elves allied with the Seelie Court. Other varieties of elves exist, including savage highland elves and wicked elves allied with the Unseelie Court.
Elven Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution
- Medium: Elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks to made to identify the properties of magic items. If an elf has 10 or more ranks in spellcraft, this bonus increases to +4.
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on perception skill checks. If an elf has 10 or more ranks in perception, this bonus increases to +4. In addition, elves have a chance to detect a secret door just just by casually looking at an area (this perception check is made in secret by the GM).
- Pierce the Shroud: Elves get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells or effects, and automatically receive a saving throw against figment and shadow spells or effects (this roll is made in secret by the GM).
- Weapon Familiarity:Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, Scimitar, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following bonus languages: Aklo, Dwarven, Goblin, Any Human Language, and Sylvan.
Back to Main Page